Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 2, 2010

A Fabulous Frame

 

007

I am always on the lookout for different kinds of frames.  I also don't want to spend much money.  Usually no more than a $1 for an 8x10 frame, .50 cents for 5x7 and a quarter for the small ones.  For me to spend anymore than that on a frame I would really have to be in love with it.  So a lot of times I will so different things to frames that I have found in my price range while out thrifting.  This frame started out as a rusty brassy mess.  I don't have a before picture but take my word for it.  It is 8x10 size and was only a quarter.  I had some left over black satin spray paint (krylon is my favorite) and I gave it a couple of coats.  Next I used this tutorial from Life to The "T":<a href="http://lifetothet.com/646/fabulous-frames">Fabulous Frames — Life to the T</a>

She gives all the fabulous details on how to do this so I won't bore you with the details.  The only this that I did differently was my smaller ribbon I fabric glued onto the wired edged ribbon and I used a vintage earring  instead of a broach.  I did this because the frame I used wad thin.

 

I picked up the ribbon which is Offray at the Dollar Store and I got the vintage earring and it's mate at a garage sale for .50 cents.  Sooo even though this frame cost me $2.75 I have ribbon and an other earing left over and I dooo loove it!!!!

This is also a sneak peak of my "mantel" that I will be linking up to next week at Nester's.  Here are a few more shots.

006

009

So what are you willing to spend for a photo frame?

2 comments:

  1. That is a great way to jazz up a simple frame. The vintage earring is a great piece too. Cute baby!
    I like to find frames at yard sales and last year scored some brand new ones from a lady who closed out her decor shop. Heavy and detailed 5x7 and 4x6 for $1 a piece. Pricier than yours, but pretty good for around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth, I would have bought new frames for that price too.
    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment it really makes me smile!