Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 22, 2011

A Family Run Estate Sale….Yes I Broke my own rule.

 

I decided since I have made some sales on Etsy,  thank you to everyone that has bought from me, that I would reward myself and go to an estate sale on Friday morning.  Estate sales are my favorite and I thought that this one was being run by the family based on the ad.    I am so glad that I did.  I was early and figured I would sign in if need be and wait and read a magazine.  Well when I pulled up I saw people already going in.  Nothing was priced and that is usually a bad thing.  Not here.  They had fabulous prices and awesome stuff.  On my first run through I bought:

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 010

I got everything here for $30.00  The basket in the back is full of linens, mostly large tablecloths.  I will have to show them off on a future post.  The two tins are full of hankies, most of which had never been used and still have the tags on them.

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 020

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 022

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 023

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 025

There were 64 hankies in the two tins.  My favorite are the ones with the roses.

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 026

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 030

I also got a little tin filled with buttons and misc. sewing supplies.

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 017

Then after paying for that I went back in a found this.

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 033

estate sale kitchen cart bottle redo friday 034

It was in rough shape but it is sturdy and for $2.00 it is just what I needed.

I have already given it a little makeover and I love it.

Then I went back in after lugging everything to the car.  On round three I found:

estate sale yong street friday august 19th 001

I loooove this!!!!  I have already switched it out with another lamp shade in my living room.

estate sale yong street friday august 19th 002

estate sale yong street friday august 19th 013

estate sale yong street friday august 19th 011

ALL OF IT was $5.00!!!!

estate sale yong street friday august 19th 009

estate sale yong street friday august 19th 003

Then I went into the basement, they thought it was empty(I found that out after the fact), when I did I noticed the curtains(the basement was finished).  So I went to ask about them….$3.00

estate sale yong street friday august 19th 034 

estate sale yong street friday august 19th 035

There are six panels this size!

If that was not enough I found a pile of vintage cards and pictures that were being thrown away!  They were on the top and it was all just clean garbage sooooo, yea I got those too!!

estate sale yong street friday august 19th 014

So what do you prefer yard sales or estate sales?

Linking to:

Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking me to the estate sale with your photos. Those state hankies are terrific! Looks like a great studio cart too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what treasures you brought home with you! Love the vintage hankies. Hate to admit that I love going through others peoples "stuff". Please post pics of your cart makeover. My Mother had one of those when I was growing up. Have a great day!

    gale

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, way to go ... what a haul!!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love estate sales. They are my favorites too! I always make at least three trips through, the first is always kind of a rush, the second and third I slow down and really dig and that is when you find the best stuff. You snagged some great things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy stopping by blogs such as yours to see what great thrift shop and garage sale finds you've discovered.
    You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you made it to that estate sale! You got an abundance of goodies!
    I think the best will have to be all the linen/ tablecloths. Isn't it just so fun to find vintage treasures. I am also your newest follower!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ding, ding, ding and the winner is Full Cottage! Amazing finds I ♥ everything that you bought. Thanks for sharing - this has been the best thrift finds I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found so much great stuff...I wish I had been with you, girl ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment it really makes me smile!