Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 4, 2010

A Thrifty Fall

 

Just a little post to show you a project that I have been working on.  I figured a short small post would be a lot better than no post.

002

Here is a  arrangement that I put together for the season.  I made the paper flowers with scrapbook paper that I got on clearance, and vintage buttons that I bought at various garage and estate sales.    You can find a great tutorial on how to do it here.  I can usually find the buttons for $1.00 for a big jar.  The flowers and berries are from my stash and where originally purchased at yard sales for .05 cents to .25 cents.    The pitcher was $2.00 at an estate sale and you can read more about it here.  So here she is in all her glory in her home for the holidays.

004

These wood boxes which I love sit on top of a small cupboard.  I needed height in that area and this served the purpose perfectly.  I paid $2.00 for the large one and $1.00 for the small one and the one that is next to it.

005

Sorry for the blury picture my camera is on it's last leg.

006

007

More on this area latter.  I really like how it has turned out.  So stay tuned!!

 

Linking up to:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.32 @ Coastal Charm

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. I love your arrangement. Don't you just love to pull together thrift finds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi michelle,
    your paper flowers they are wonderful.great idea!!
    I love it.
    Have a wonderful time,
    hugs,regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever to use your scrapbook paper for flowers. The pitcher you found is beautiful - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your paper flowers -- very cute and looks like they'd be fun to make!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment it really makes me smile!