I really can't believe that it has been 2 months since my last post and I am vowing to be better. No excuses but pretty much my life has looked like my desk for the last 2 months. As embarrassing as it is to show this here it is.
For all of August it seamed like I kept getting further and further behind. So when the kids went back to school in September I really needed to play catch up.
However now it is October and the kids have settled into school and I ready to commit to blogging at least 3 days a week more if I can.
Well in other news while I was on hiatus I received
I received my first blogging award from Betty @My Mink Betty. So was so thrilled to receive this . Thanks so much Betty!
Well there are a few rules that come with the award: You have to thank and link back to the person who gave you the award. Check. Then you have to share seven things about yourself. So here goes seven things about me:
1. Before getting married I worked full time as a nurses aide.
2. I work now part-time in my children's school in the afterschool program.
3. I HATE laundry.
4. I have won several awards/ribbons for my pies .
5. My husband and I had our first date at our State Fair.
6. We were married on September 11th, years before the attacks. We were remarried on May 25th.
7. My husband and I have only bought two brand new pieces of furniture since we have been married other than mattresses. One when we were first married, a particle board entertainment center on clearance for $100. I hated this piece and it is long gone having been replaced with a beautiful all wood entertainment armoire from Craigslist for $100. The second our dining room table. This is also the most expensive thing (other than our mattress and box spring) that we own it was $1000 for just the table and no chairs at a furniture gallery that was going out of business. We still have and love and use it everyday but the kids have really abused it and 2 months after we bought it we found one at Bouckville, an antique with chairs for $800. We both looked at each other, you know the look. Uggggh! So we have decided we will only buy second hand from now on.
O.K that is seven things about me. Now onto rule three. Pass on the award to 15 blogs. So here are 15 of the many many that I enjoy.
1. Leslie@ Goodbye House, Hello Home
2. Krista@ The Gathering Place Design
3. Carmie@The Single Nester
4. Cori@ STARVIEW SONNET
5. Regina@ Regina's Rose Cottage
6. Missy@ The Little Green Bean
7. Maryann@ Domestically Speaking
8. Marjorie@ Crazy Cat Decor
9. LV@Thoughts from Meme-'s corner
10.Stephanie Lynn @ Under The Table and Dreaming
11. Tanya@ Make the best of what-'s around
12. Allison@ A Glimpse Inside
13. Mikey@ Shabby French Cottage
14. Nicole@ Made by Nicole
15. Doni@ Faith, Grace, and Crafts
These are all such wonderful blogs you will want to be sure to check them all out.
A special thank you to LV who introduced me on Pink Saturday before my hiatus.
I miss you all and all your wonderful comments!