Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Rag Wreath

 

Well as I was changing everything sprucing up a bit for spring, I decided that the wreath that we had on our mirror in the living room that I love, was just to wintery ( it may or may not have been up since Christmas).

Easter mall, speaker, spring wreath 011

So I hit up my stash of fabric that would look good in my living room and that would have the colors and feel of spring.

 

friendshare and spring decorating rag wreath 011

First up a small vintage piece of broad cloth with pretty flowers.

friendshare and spring decorating rag wreath 013

Next a solid light weight knit that I believe my mom used back in the 70’s…….yes I come from a long line of fabric hoarders!

friendshare and spring decorating rag wreath 014

A white on white pin dot, this is a curtain that I bought for .50 cents from an estate sale.

friendshare and spring decorating rag wreath 012

A  pretty blue, yellow and piece with small pink flowers and butterflies.  This was .25 cents at a garage sale.

friendshare and spring decorating rag wreath 015

Lastly a shirt that did not fit right but I just love the color of, originally it was .50 cents at a yard sale.

After assembling my fabric I went to the closet and dug out a wire hanger.

friendshare and spring decorating rag wreath 010

friendshare and spring decorating rag wreath 008

friendshare and spring decorating rag wreath 009

Then while watching fashion star, I just kept tying on strips and tying on strips till………….

friendshare and spring decorating rag wreath 016

I had this!!!

Easter mall, speaker, spring wreath 015

 

I think that is much better, don’t you?

Linking up to:

Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Night Special

6 comments:

  1. Clever idea! Yes, I like it. I also need to catch up on Fashion Star - I heard I am missing out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crafts are so clever and thrifty! I am a fabric hoarder myself. I have my grandma's fabric leftovers and I love to find uses for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rag wreaths! This is a particularly pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how much fun that is! Rag wreaths and balls are the perfect way to recycle and reuse.

    The first wreath reminds me of Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty! Ive made two so far and am hooked!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment it really makes me smile!