Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday Success

 

The past few months have flown by in a blur.  While it has mostly been good, however I have felt like I really have slipped in the organization department.   So on Thanksgiving, since it is just the hubby, the kids and I, I started the day catching up a little.  While the food cooked and the kids watched the parade I cleaned out my dining room of the treasures I had brought home during the thrifting season that had yet to find a home.  While it is not perfect, it is definitely a better start.   

 

With this done we were able to sit down to  a RELAXNG meal, and I was mentally ready for the Christmas season to begin!  While we cleaned up I put on the Christmas music and planned my Black Friday.

 

My husband volunteered to go into work on Friday (he starts work at 6am) and I saw a few things in the AC Moore sale flyer that I knew would be great gifts for my girls.  One of my girls has wanted something that was in the special deal that started at 5am.  So we woke up at 3:50am and left here at 5:15, him in his car and me in my truck.  The mall was a lot less crowded than I thought it would be and the people were really nice and friendly ( both the shoppers and the store employees).  I found everything that I wanted and was back home by 8am.  We live 25 minutes from the mall so I was really happy with this.  I got in and checked to see what kids where up and where they were at and brought in the stuff for the sleepy heads.  Since I was pretty tired and being lazy going to be super organized this season, I decided to wrap the gifts rather than just hide them.  This also would mean if they were out in the open I didn’t need to worry who was looking at what.

 

Over the summer I went to a yard sale and picked this up for $5.00.

The beginings of Christmas 622

 

It was filled with this.

The beginings of Christmas 623

The beginings of Christmas 625

There is also ribbon, bows and tags in there!

So over the course of the day I brought things in and wrapped.

The beginings of Christmas 627

I now have all the presents that we currently home wrapped!  Now just to keep up with it!

So did you go out yesterday?  How were the crowds in your area?

 

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so impressed! I'm so behind in my Christmas shopping. Thank you for the visit and the sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. Hope you have a grand day. Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are so organized!! We are running a little behind on getting our tree up but hopefully will get it done in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment it really makes me smile!