Don’t forget to check out my giveaway HERE!!!!
Today I thought I would talk a little about a goal that I listed for 2011. Well actually several of my goals for this year seam to overlap. The one goal that I was originally thinking of for this post was what I listed as “be more intentional”. For me here in this context it means to think and plan before doing or BUYING. Goal number two is to declutter and goal number 6 is to put $50. dollars a week into savings and goal number 8 is to pay down debit.
By remembering to be more intentional I can begin to work towards these goals.
You may also remember that goal number 4 is to
start finish my living room redo.
So the first thing that I have begun to do is to take inventory of what we have and what we would like to replace. As I have begun to do this I am trying to be more intentional as to what with some changes could work in the new space.
So today I began to go through my stash of fabric. I have wanted new pillows for the couch and have planned to recover some others. In fact the only reason that I have not come home with any new ones yet is that I am waiting till we are able to get the new couch. Well while going through the fabric I came across some things that I thought would be a good start.
This is a dollar store dish towel that I got at the thrift store a while back for .50 cents. It was brand new. I just loved the little pom pom trim and the red color. Red is one of my accent colors for the living room.
Of course I did not want a pillow or a towel or anything else that said “naughty”.
I also found this small scrap of a sweater that was left over from several other projects. It was originally given to me and never fit right.
I also had this tank top that either came from a yard sale for .25-.50 cents or was given to us. I love the print but it is not the right size for me and is not the right cut for my girls.
The teal/turquoise/blue color is my other accent color in the living room.
So I used a paper cup and traced a circle onto the sweater. The top of the cup made big circles/flowers and the bottom made small. I found a great tutorial that used felt here. At a new blog that I just found yesterday called Life in the Thrifty Lane.
For the print fabric flowers I used the tutorial here. After adding the flowers and playing around with their placement I added some white rick rack “stems”. This was from my stash but I originally got it from our church rummage sale last year.
I felt that the brown flowers were still a little bland so I got into my stash of vintage buttons.
This is still before I glued it all down.
I started on the left and with the rick rack. After getting the first two pieces of rick rack glued down I added the flowers that went with them.
Here it is all glued down. I then added red pom pom fringe to the sides, but forgot to take a picture .
Well here she is from naughty to NICE.
I really love it and I stuck to my goals YEA!
I’m linking up to: